Glen Rose, TX

Glen Rose is a city in Somervell County, Texas, United States. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.7 square miles (7.1 km²), all land. The area was first settled in 1849 by Charles Barnard, who opened a trading post near Comanche Peak. After the region became a federal Indian reservation in 1855, Barnard moved his business to Fort Belknap. Circa 1859 when the reservation was abolished, he returned to the area and built the first store on what is now the site of Glen Rose.

Waco
Updated Jul 10, 2020 5:55:am. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Central Texas listings last updated Jul 10, 2020 5:52:am.