Evant, TX

Evant is a town in Coryell and Hamilton Counties in Central Texas. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.6 square miles (1.6 km²), all of it land. An Alabama man named Evant Brooks purchased some 160 acres (0.65 km2) of land from Langford in the late 1870s. In 1881, Brooks had donated 60 acres (240,000 m2) of land "for sale and settlement as a town", and by 1884 the growing community changed its name to Evant in Brooks' honor.

Waco
Updated Jan 23, 2020 2:32:pm. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Central Texas listings last updated Jan 23, 2020 2:28:pm.