Hewitt, TX

Hewitt is a city in McLennan County, Texas, United States. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 6.9 square miles (18 km2), all of it land. The City of Hewitt was established following the donation of land by John A. Warren, the town's first businessman, in the 1880s. Warren purchased the approximately 40 acres (160,000 m2) and the townsite was named Hewitt in 1883 for George A. Hewitt, an employee of the Missouri, Kansas and Texas (KATY) Railroad. During the following decades, the community flourished on farming and agriculture during the days when "cotton was king."

Waco
Updated Apr 3, 2020 12:54:am. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Central Texas listings last updated Apr 3, 2020 12:47:am.